Monday, June 11, 2012

A Kitchen Oops!

I have been debating whether to write this blog, then whether to post a picture, but I decided, why not? For the first time in my life, I can say that have had stitches! Okay, I guess that isn't exactly true. My daughter had a hard time being delivered and in turn, I ended up with stitches, BUT I don't consider that when thinking about those types of things. I've also been asked if I have ever been hospitalized and I say no, even though I have stayed in the hospital for all three of my childrens' births.

Anyway, Saturday was epic! We all had things to do for the day. The kids were trying to get their chores done (with Mom's voice loudly helping motivate them!) and Mom and Dad both had things that needed to get done before going to the ward potluck that evening. As I was making a salad to take to the potluck, a can slipped out of my hand. I reached for the lid and instantly knew it was the wrong choice to make. SLICE! Right through my left hand by my thumb.

Celeste ran and told Kyle that I needed him and we loaded up the kids and took them to urgent care. We have to be the luckiest people ever though, for me being so silly with grabbing a lid from a can that was opened with a can opener! We got there and there were only two other people in front of us to see a doctor. I got in to see the nurse about 20 minutes after we filled out our paperwork. The doctor stitched me up and sent me on my way with the instructions not to do dishes or take baths that would soak my hand. I have to admit that I'm still doing dishes, but I'll be sure not to soak my hand in water for too long. The last thing I need is to end up with my cut not healing!


There isn't really anything new right now on the home front, other than stitches, but we have some fun activities coming up soon and I'm excited for them. There is a baseball game that we get to go to with other members of the ward and we will be experiencing our first NASCAR race at the end of the month. I can't wait!!!!

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Yikes!!

nanadover said...

I coulda gone all week without seeing that! Ouch! And on the left hand! Not good for a leftie! No more "Chef" Salads! (did you make it to the potluck?) Love you!

Amanda D said...

Ouch, Michelle! Is it painful? I hope you made it to the potluck!

The Hunter Family said...

We did make it to the potluck with no problem. It doesn't hurt any more, although Saturday and Sunday weren't pleasant! It's definitely not something I would wish on others though, that's for sure!

Cavan, Sarah, KaeLynn said...

Oh no fun! hand injuries are the worst because we have to do things like you said, washing dishes, cleaning, taking a shower. It seems they always take longer to heal! At least you still got to go to your potluck! :)