Thursday, June 21, 2012

Take Me Out to the Ball Game

One more post for today, just so you know our lives aren't all accidents lately! I won't do anymore after this either because I think you can only handle so much of the Hunter's in one day!

A few months ago, they announced in Church that there would be a baseball night at the Louisville Bats game. Tickets were $6 each and hot dogs and sodas were $1. Bargain for us! So, last night we got to experience our first baseball game in Louisville. For our kids, it was the first baseball game ever. I think I've only ever experienced my brothers' baseball games in the past, so for me, it was a new experience as well. The whole experience was definitely more fun with a whole bunch of people from church to talk to and hang out with as well, so it was definitely a night to remember!

I don't know if you can read it, but they have our group on the welcome board!
One of the stake presidents got to give an honorary first pitch.
We did have one incident that could have had a bad outcome, but we lucked out, sort of! Kyle brought his mitt with him in hopes of catching a foul ball if possible. He said that he needed to bring it to protect us. Well, just as I was telling him how many hot dogs and sodas we needed, Kyle yells, "Michelle, ball!" I turn just as a ball comes flying at me. Can you believe my luck? Well, yes, most people can at this point after two other horrible incidents in the last two weeks. Fortunately, there was a doctor sitting in front of me and a doctor sitting behind me if anything were to happen, but fortunately, the very fast flying ball hit the arm of my chair and bounced off and somewhere else into the audience. Kyle was baffled that he got distracted and had considered leaving the seats with our kids and me sitting there. After that, I was the one to get the hot dogs and soda and he protected everyone sitting around us! We didn't have any more incidents, but they did give us a practice ball as a souvenir, so that was fun!

They had picture boards and of course, the kids HAD to get pictures!

We had a great night over all and enjoyed being with all of our friends. We even got to see one of the Bats hit a home run while there was another batter on base, so they scored two points in that inning! Baseball is in no way our favorite sport to watch. The total score was 4-2 with the Bats winning, but we were there for hours just to see those runs. We'll definitely do it again next year because they offer it every year, but I'm not sure we'll visit frequently because none of us can sit still that long for a few hits!

3 comments:

nanadover said...

Great! That's all you need is to get nailed by a baseball. The next time you go to a ball game, you need to ask the catcher for his chest guard and face guard....a helmet would be a good idea also.

Do you have any names picked out for the little one yet?

Amanda D said...

I love to watch a baseball game. How fun! Your kids will remember it for a long time.

The Hunter Family said...

I think you're right Amanda, the kids will remember it and if we make it a tradition to go every year, that will just be more fun for them!