Monday, June 18, 2012

Yet Another Mishap!

I have come to the conclusion that my body isn't happy with me being pregnant, or maybe it is my mind that isn't happy with it, I'm not sure! My stitches are still intact and my hand is healing quite nicely. In fact, I think that may be why it was time for something new to happen! Yesterday it was only fitting that it rained on Father's Day since it rained on Mother's Day here. Of course, there haven't been too many rainy days in between, but it seemed only appropriate that we both got the unfairness of rain on our days!

We had a wonderful, if not quick morning of Kyle opening presents before getting dressed and off for church. We always eat on the way to church because there is twenty minutes and why tell the kids to hurry at home when there is a full twenty minutes in the car on the way to the church in which they can do nothing by eat?

Church went well and the rain died to a drizzle on the way home, however it was enough of a rain to make the truck nice and wet. Kyle pulled the truck into the garage and we all started piling out, but I had taken off my shoes. Let's face it, after three hours in high heels, I just didn't feel the need to wear them anymore and I was getting out in the garage where I often find myself without shoes anyway, so what was the big deal, right? Well, it was a big deal because the ground was wet from the truck. My foot went to the floor and then out in front of me as I fell and hit my bum right on garage floor. In the mean time, my knee came up to hit the truck door and my back slid down the step rail on the truck. Yes, it hurt, a lot. I tried catching myself with my right hand since my left hand has stitches, but my bum is bruised, my arm is strained, my knee is bandaged and my back just hurts. Honestly, I feel like I got hit by a truck!

I'm sure I'll be okay in a few days and be able to move quicker than what I can right now, but man, I'm nervous for the future. I don't know what's going on, but these things are not normal for me. In the almost eleven years that Kyle and I have been married, I have never had injuries like these before. Kyle told me he may tie me up next weekend because he can only imagine what will happen next. I'm just grateful I could still move enough to make a nice Father's Day meal for him and let him relax a little, although he did end up in the kitchen to help. He says because he was bored, but I'm wondering if it wasn't to make sure I didn't do more damage to myself!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Ouch! I'm sorry you're hurt! It's very challenging when you're body hurts like that, you're pregnant and you have other children to take care of! Try to take it easy!

nanadover said...

Well, I guess now that you have that all out of your system, you don't need to do that again! Maybe wrap you in bubble wrap or pillows... Take care of yourself.

Amanda D said...

Oh, no!I hope you are feeling better. I used to be very clumsy (like you are now...hee hee) but not so much anymore. Maybe somehow it transferred to you?