Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Oh the STRESS!

When Kyle and I decided that we should really make this move and try something new, we felt so good about it that we started packing what we knew we could. Now the time has come to pack it all. After boxes and boxes of stuff, I look at my living room and it doesn't look like we've packed anything! Where did all this stuff come from? I don't get it. I've ben tossing stuff and donating and packing, but more just keeps showing up.

I must say, there is something to be said about people who move every few years. It's the perfect time to get rid of stuff. I'm really hoping that after all the stuff I have gotten rid of, it will be easier to find places for everything in the new house!

I would really love any tips on the best way to pack or organize to make moving easier. I only have until Saturday to get this all done, so the sooner the advice comes the better!

4 comments:

elaine said...

I felt the same way Michelle, and we were only moving 15 min away. Just be sure you reach out for help. Friends and family will come from everywhere, and eventually, everything gets in a box and on a truck. Just make sure you over estimate on the size of the truck :)

The Hunter Family said...

Thanks Elaine! We are using ABF U-Pack, so it's a huge truck. I've started not even caring what box has what in it anymore because I just don't have time to sort and put things with like stuff. As long as it gets on the truck this weekend, I'm happy!

Amanda D said...

I wish I had good advice for you. The only thing I have is this: keep out some blankets and large towels to use as cushioning for furniture. I would be happy to come over and help you pack...just let me know when!

The Hunter Family said...

Thanks for the advice Amanda. We are done packing and the trailer is loaded. Now we are going to be cleaning the house and relaxing through Christmas!