Friday, December 2, 2011

A Christmas Carol

So, as the proud mama, I get to show the pictures. Kyle didn't take lots of pictures of Celeste last night. He did a few videos, but not pictures, so tonight I will take some more pictures of Celeste during her parts. I'm hoping that with us not sitting in the front row, she'll forget the audience more and it in to her part better, but she did such a good job for her first real play performance. I'm so proud of her hard work. We will definitely have to find a community play for her when we get to Kentucky because she needs it!

The Concessions! Yum!

The cutest idea for serving candy!

What is in the cone? Caramels, English Toffee and Truffles. YUM!

She's ready to begin!

Last minute prep before the play begins.

They even sold apples and pears. Kyle didn't take a picture of the edible gold painted pears, but they were so cool!

Eddie wanted it ALL!

Plum pudding, Brown cakes and roasted nuts.

Celeste was peaking out to see us before the play began.



Celeste had three roles. They were all small, but it was fun for her to have to do costume changes and all of that because of her different parts. She is a townsperson, one of Belle's daughters (Lotte) and Want. You don't hear about Lotte or Want when you watch The Muppets or Disney's Christmas Carol, but if you're in the Portland area, you can learn all about them at the play! (yes, why not try and sell tickets and make every night a full house!?)

I haven't given you nearly enough pictures of the play to make the excuse to not see it. They did such a good job. I know several of the youth in the play and I was so excited for all of them. I'm so impressed with all of their hard work. I know that sleep and homework has probably suffered for some of them, I know sleep is suffering for Celeste, but she loves acting and I love that she has something to be passionate about. I was never one to get on a stage and do that sort of thing, but I am so glad that Celeste wants to be a part of this and find her niche in the world! I'll post more pictures of Celeste on stage when I get them, so check back for new pictures!

1 comment:

Amanda D said...

Very cool! I'm glad to hear that it went well. We have our tickets to see tomorrow's show. Looking forward to it!