Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Happy Birthday Celeste!

My baby girl turned 9 today. I can't figure out where the time has gone! She is turning into a beautiful young woman with an amazing mind of her own. We haven't started dance or drama yet since we've been in Kentucky. I have mostly just been working on getting to know the city and see what is around here, so I haven't gotten to where I want to be in the car driving her everywhere yet, especially when I'm still pretty good at getting lost!

Celeste is in 4th grade and has her own sense of style. She loves to ride her bike, dance, sing, play with her friends, swim, read, listen to music, paint her nails, play computer games, dress up, play with her hair and just about anything else that is girlie!

For her birthday she requested a new bike, so we took her to pick out a bike over the weekend. This morning we gave her a necklace and I got to take cupcakes to her class for the first time ever. She also requested steak and mashed potatoes and green beans with butter for dinner. (She is definitely her father's daughter!)

I think our trip to Oregon this summer was a real learning experience for grandparents. (If that's not true, feel free to let me know Nana and Grandma!) Both grandmothers had to relearn who Celeste was this summer, but for her birthday, they completely pegged her! Nana sent her the new dress she is wearing in the picture. (The black leggings and shoes were already hers. I don't know if Nana just remembered what her school shoes looked like or not, but they were perfect with her dress! She also has a pair of pink earrings that have zebra print on them that she can wear with her outfit as well!) Nana also bought her a new Monster High Doll. She LOVES these dolls and was so excited to get this one! Her grandma got her a new jewelry box with earrings in it and a Taylor Swift CD. Since Taylor Swift is her absolute favorite singer, she was on cloud nine to get the new CD. She can't wait for after school tomorrow when she can watch the DVD that came with it. Life was definitely good for her today! I love this girl and can't wait to see what the future brings for her! What a blessing she is to us. I couldn't imagine our lives without her.

4 comments:

Cavan, Sarah, KaeLynn said...

Oh Sweet Celeste!!! She is so cute in her new dress! Happy Birthday!

Sandra Hamilton said...

Love the dress Celestw. Nana is absolutely awesome! I wish I had a Nana like you :) Happy Birthday girlie girl

nanadover said...

She is her Papa's granddaughter! He loves Taylor Swift also. I just bought him the CD with the DVD so he watched it this past weekend. Celeste, you and Papa can listen to Taylor Swift together in Oct. while we're there. Oh, by the way, Papa picked out the dress. He thought it was perfect for our Celeste.

Amanda D said...

Happy belated birthday to Celeste! She is such a cutie. Love the dress. How fun that grandparents got her the perfect gifts. :)