Thursday, May 9, 2013

Eddie and Gordon Are Playing Soccer

I haven’t blogged in so long, but I have to write about Eddie and Gordon playing soccer.
SONY DSC







Gordon is such a good runner and loves getting to the ball. There are a few boys on the team that will take the ball about from any one, including their own team members, so that kind of stinks, but my boys haven’t complained about it too much, so I’m not going to worry about it. In fact, I think it makes my boys fight harder to get the ball, which is good for them.
SONY DSC
I love this age for sports with this program. The coaches are able to run on the field with the kids and help them along the way. It also means there are three adults to help keep the kids safe and teach them as they go along. The boys are pretty excited every Saturday morning to go play a game, but practice is a different story. Almost every week we have to threaten our kids to get them to go to practice, but once they are there, they love it. Their coach is great with them. She’s a kindergarten teacher, so she knows and understands these kids and is so wonderful in helping them learn to play soccer and learn team work at the same time.
I’ll post more pictures after their game this weekend. Last weekend’s game was cancelled for the Derby, so we’ll start again this weekend with more pictures to come!

1 comment:

Amanda D said...

So fun! I loved when my kids played soccer. :)