Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Thomas Mikel Hunter

DSC06238

We are excited to announce Thomas Mikel Hunter as the newest member of our family. He was born at 8:10pm on October 15, 2012. He weighed in at 7lb. 5oz and was 19 inches long. I was induced exactly a week early because I delivered Gordon so quickly last time, we didn’t want to take the chance of having Thomas in a car this time!

Because I was so early (I usually deliver right at 40 weeks if not over, so a week early was almost too early for my body), it ended up taking quite a while for contractions to start even with pitocin. Once they started though, my body was able to progress. The doctor broke my water at 6pm and Thomas was born two hours later.

We are already in love with this little boy. He has blonde hair, which is new for our babies, usually they are darker hair to begin with and then turn blonde, but his hair is also a little wavy, so we can’t wait to see what happens in the future. We’re curious to see if he looks like his brothers or if our caboose is going to be different in looks from the rest of the kids.

DSC06182 DSC06194 DSC06200 DSC06220 DSC06252 DSC06270 DSC06262 DSC06274

5 comments:

Kyle said...

Great post!

Jamie said...

Congratulations!! He is adorable! Can't wait to meet him next time you guys make a visit!

Unknown said...

Congratulations Hunter family! He is so precious!

Cavan, Sarah, KaeLynn said...

We are so happy for you guys!!! I think the baby looks like Gordon! We can't wait to see him!

Amanda D said...

Oh, my goodness! Congrats! That shot of Celeste holding him -- she looks like she is in love. I hope you are feeling well! Give him some kisses for me.