Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Potty Training Stress

Well, after the first three days, hope is not lost, but boy has this become stressful!! Even candy isn't working on this little boy all of the time. On Sunday evening, Eddie pee-peed on the couch and we yelled at him and told him that he couldn't have candy unless he went in the potty chair and he said "no thank you". So, I tried again on Monday and we had another "accident" on the floor in the kitchen while I was feeding Gordon, so no candy and I was done for the day!! Diaper went on the rest of that day and the next with no candy for him. Today I thought we would try again and he pee-peed on my leg while sitting on my lap, so the diaper went back on until this evening. Finally, we may make a breakthrough (okay, maybe not, but at least I can wish!) He didn't want to wear his diaper any more, so he went in his bedroom and took the diaper off while we were in the other room. The next thing we know, he is in the bathroom and we hear, "I did it, Eddie did it!!" We did a dance and yelled hurray and gave him a piece of gum. He was so proud of himself, but we'll see if it will last for another day tomorrow. I'll keep you posted!

5 comments:

Cavan, Sarah, KaeLynn said...

Good job you guys! Potty training sounds hard!

nanadover said...

Oh the joys of potty training!
It's really hard, Sarah, when you have such smart, strong willed, (not to mention cute!) little kids!
Gotta love um!

Go Eddie Go!
XOXOXOXOXO

Bonnie Card said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Troy and Bonnie Card said...

OK.... I laughed. I just had to. I remember those days but I don't think my kids were quite as strong willed. Good luck!
Bonnie Card

Brooke said...

that is really funny. Eddie was your special blessing. LOL He sure is a smart little one.