Thursday, March 21, 2013

My Birthday

DSC07642

This year was a pretty low key birthday for me, but definitely better than last year when everyone was sick! Kyle was gone on my birthday, so the kids and I enjoyed a quiet evening eating frozen pizza and drinking sparkling cider. We finished off the evening watching a movie and eating birthday cake ice cream. Saturday morning was spent at basketball then soccer try-outs. That evening we finally celebrated by trying out Texas Roadhouse for dinner. It isn’t quite the same as Roadhouse in Oregon, but pretty close, so I was happy! I didn’t do cheesecake this year either, I know, a tragedy, but we had a Red Velvet cake that was to die for! Cheesecake may still be my favorite, but that Red Velvet cake is definitely a close second!!

Kyle and Gordon bought me a new water bottle because I really need a new one. Celeste made me a picture frame and put a picture of me in it, :) and Eddie made me a great card and wrote some of his spelling words in his very best hand writing for me. I didn’t want too much money spent on me for my birthday because I am going to Time out for Women this weekend with some friends from church and I want to be able to spend money there besides the fact that I already spent a bit on tickets for the event.

DSC07645

Tommy is 5 months now as of the 15th as well. He’s getting bigger and bigger all the time. He has now tried green beans and carrots and enjoys them both. He laughs when he is tickled and smiles all the time except when I want him to for a camera!

DSC07650 

Thomas has also started bouncing in the bouncer and LOVES it. The kids watched him bounce for the first time today and he was laughing, jumping and just enjoying all of the attention and bouncing he could do.

DSC07656

As you can see, his brothers still love him like crazy and want to play with him all of the time, even when he would rather be alone.

DSC07553 

I’m so blessed as a mother and wife and often wonder how I got so lucky!

DSC07648

1 comment:

Amanda D said...

Glad to hear that you had a good birthday! I am jealous that you are going to TOFW. Enjoy it!