Monday, February 20, 2012

Our Diningroom Art

I've always wanted to have a place for the kids to hang their artwork without it covering the fridge. Celeste used to use tape on the walls of her bedroom or door because she wanted to hang everything up. I've seen some homes with this idea before and knew that I wanted to do it. We have the space in our house now, so we went ahead and did it. We put the kids' names on the wall in vinyl and then Kyle put some wire up for each of them to use to hang their artwork up. I love that after they are done painting or coloring, they now have a place to hang their work. Gordon always brings home a coloring page from church as well, so he can hang it up for the the week if he wants to. They love it and I love that it's not cluttering the counters or fridge!

We also put their new piggy banks in the kitchen. I knew that putting them in the bedrooms would be a bad idea, so we put them up high enough that Eddie can't reach them, even on a chair. It may seem mean to them, but this way, when they get their allowance at the end of the week, I take the banks down and they put their money away and then I put them back, knowing they can't get into them without me. I LOVE IT! Before they were constantly getting into their money and loosing it or taking their siblings' money. They can't do that any more and I have more control over what they do with their money as well.

This is their corner in the diningroom. They love having a little piece of the kitchen and it actually looks nice as well.
Our next project is vinyl in the livingroom. We have a HUGE wall with nothing there, so those pictures will come later this week when the vinyl is up!

1 comment:

Amanda D said...

Very clever! I have seen the wire on different blogs before too. I like how each kid has their own space. Can't wait to see what you do with your big space!